August 27, 2010

I have arrived!

I made it to St Kitts with all my baggage!! It was actually a really
easy flight(s)-ended up being 4 in all because i didn't realize we
were stopping over in Dominica as well! Its been a great adventure,
but i am glad now after 16 hours en-route to be finally home.

The house is much bigger (and nicer) than i expected, and indeed many
students and professors live all around me. Tomorrow my orientation
leader is going to pick up me and some other students to go grocery
shopping and then back to the airport to pick up extra packages (ie my
bike and a classmate's dog). It seems starting Monday we have every
moment planned out for us, but i'm looking forward to getting a tour
of the island and meeting some more people from my group.

I can't find the landline phone Megan told me about, so i can't send
you all that phone number. I did however receive my cell phone
today-the phone number is 765-8960, don't forget to dial 011 to get
out of the country and then 869 for St Kitts area code.

Already i know of some things i want mailed to me, so stay tuned
Natalie! Thanks again for giving me a ride this morning at 5am!

I love and miss you all! I'll send more updates once i get a little
more settled in.

=
Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment