September 22, 2010

For Ethan

Today I received an email about some good friends of mine in Minneapolis, Ethan and Xena. This is a couple who is centrally involved in Barebones, the main company that makes the puppets for the Mayday Parade. Stefan and I have spent a lot of time with them, including our new year’s ski trip in the boundary waters a couple years ago, and I was looking forward to going again with them this year during my winter time off. They just bought a house and have started trying to have a baby. They have both been an inspiration to me in how to live my life organically, creatively, and inspirationally.

Ethan and Xena were in a car accident two days ago. Another car ran an intersection and collided with theirs. Ethan sustained major trauma to his brain and died.

How your entire perception of the world can change overnight. I have never wanted to be back at home so badly. I knew that moving so far away would be hard, but I never considered the fact it would prevent me from attending a good friend’s funeral. Life is so fragile!

Please say a prayer for Ethan, and especially for Xena, I can’t imagine how she is going to go on without him. I went down to the ocean tonight to release their spirits from my mind.

I do love it here in St Kitts. But it is hard to have your heart torn between two places.

http://www.startribune.com/local/103457574.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciatkEP7DhUsl

No comments:

Post a Comment